I had a great time at Planet Comicon this weekend. It was definitely worth going and I found that in addition to having fun, I learned a few things. Here is my list.
- There are a lot more geeks in Kansas City than I realized and most importantly, I am proud to be one of them. Here I am sporting my new Jayne Cobb hat–long live Firefly:
- Wil Wheaton is awesome! Okay, I already knew that, but it is worth saying again. He’s very engaging and hilarious in the panel. I’ve seen youtube videos of him at other Cons and he does not disappoint. He is a must see for anyone at a Con he’s attending.
- There are some very creative people who have made some amazing costumes. This was created by “The T600” (don’t know his real name, but that’s his facebook link).
- My wife, Sherri, will let me create my very own R2-D2! Yes, it was even her idea! I want one…as soon as I find the time.
- Next year, I think I will look into getting a table for my books. Bartle was busy and the crowd was friendly and engaging, so definitely something worth the time. I’ll be back next year and look forward to other Cons.
I also want to give a quick nod to all the other celebs, artist, and patrons. Since I attended their panels, I’ll mention Adam Baldwin and George Takei specifically as having great panels. Both have done amazing work and continue to do so.
If you have never been to a Con, it is worth doing at least once. You might find yourself hooked.